- Become familiar with a full range of art.
- Learn about art history and current art practice. Develop the ability to seek information and stay informed.
- How can this knowledge inform your work?
- Develop a willingness to pursue new ideas, techniques, materials, and formal solutions by using artworks made by others and by interacting with others.
- Learning about and collaborate with peers in the field of art.
- Learn to interact and talk with other artists (in this class, in local art organizations, etc.)
- Understand how what you learn in school connects to what people do outside of school.
- Understand that art is a part of our everyday lives.